It's been interesting to me to feel "bridgeless" for a while; I had trouble seeing how to tweak the idea of refashioning to my work, and it really made me think.
Oakes College bridge, UC Santa Cruz
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Refashioning Information
I've struggled a lot this week; personal issues got in the way, and I also struggled to apply the assignment to my own work. I'm not a classroom instructor; I work primarily with students one-on-one. The group orientations I help to facilitate are done collaboratively, and most of the material has been created by more senior advisors. I didn't feel comfortable critiquing this material in a public way because it really didn't feel professional. What came to mind, though, was to work on this awful email advising "newsletter" that I send out and refashioning this to be more engaging, relevant, and current with our students. I'm behind, but I was relieved once this idea solidified.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment